From next month most Civil Contractors New Zealand members will have free access to a new award-winning app for iPhone and Android to record incidents through the Zero Harm Reporting Hub.
The NZTA, which paid for the app development, and industry representatives are working on developing minimum standards for different types of activities on the road network through the Zero Harm group. The idea is to increase the level of reporting of workplace accidents to improve overall safety.
With NZTA’s support and assistance the reporting hub is being modified to allow contractors to report on their projects irrespective of project type.
The reporting hub will also carry the CCNZ logo and will be available free of charge to contractors that have less than 150 employees. This is part of NZTA’s Zero Harm philosophies of joined up thinking and knowledge sharing, says the association.
Contractors will be able to access the reporting hub from early July 2015 by following a simple six step process:
- Access the application dashboard from CCNZ website
- Register the contracting company – login details will be provided by email
- The company sets up employees as users – company password established for the app
- The company sets up projects they are working on
- Employees can get the app from the store where they will need to register by entering the company password.
Use the app for: incidents, accidents, injuries, near misses, causes, good practice and suggestions.
CCNZ will provide more detailed information once the app has been made available to contractors.